Sharing and collaboration
Deck sharing support is available in the StoryCreator which allows an Admin user or a Report User to share a deck to one or many users. The deck sharing function uses same logic as workbook sharing in the Cross Table tool the following applies:
- Admin user enables/disables the ability to share decks.
- All existing StoryCreator reports have sharing disabled by default.
- Newly created StoryCreator reports have sharing enabled by default.
- When sharing is enabled, the users can share a deck to all other users or to selected Report users/Admin users.
- When sharing a deck to all users, only the users with access to all the items (Hierarchical filters, Filters and Variable subsets) in the deck can see and load the shared deck.
- When sharing a deck to selected users you can only share to users with access to all the items in the shared deck.
When collaborative editing mode is enabled in a shared deck, all the users with access to it can save edits to the deck.
Enable/Disable sharing - StoryCreator setting
Admin users can enable and disable the sharing and collaboration support in StoryCreator setup page.
Note 1: The Admin users can use all the sharing options when Sharing is enabled, for example, Admin user can for example share to another Administrator user even if the Report Users do not have the rights to do that.
Note 2: provided Report Users are allowed to share Decks to selected Administrator users they will see all Administrator users with access to the project, the list cannot be limited to a subset of Administrator users.
Deck Sharing, Loading and Work in collaborative editing mode.
A saved deck is shared to other users in the Sharing panel shown below. In the sharing panel sharing can be enabled by selecting which users to share the deck with and if the users should have the rights to save edits to the deck or not.
Opening deck shared by another user
To open a deck shared by another user enter the Deck panel. Second sheet lists all the decks shared with your account. The column “Collaborative editing allowed” indicates if the deck is shared in collaborative editing mode or not (the column is hidden if collaborative editing is disabled on a StoryCreator report).
Note: As Admin user a third sheet is shown in the Deck panel which lists all the decks not shared with the current Admin user, from here any deck created by any Report User can be loaded.
Saving changes to a deck shared in collaborative editing mode
When loading a deck supporting collaborative editing edits cannot be saved to shared deck by default as save option is disabled. To save the changes enable the “update” mode which enables the Save option.