The Drilldown report allows a user to click a datapoint in a StoryTeller chart/table to drill into the details of the respondents behind that data point. The drilldown capability improves the way of building portals as there is more flexibility in the flow/navigation and how to interact with the data. The Drilldown reports are especially useful in projects where respondent level data is an important part of the reporting, like for example CX projects, where the user easily can drilldown to respondent level details.
The image below shows the concept and flow, the popup is a Drilldown report which has been linked to a chart in a StoryTeller report: when the user clicks the Detractors series in the chart the Drilldown view appears in a popup. All data in the drilldown view is filtered by the respondents behind the clicked data point.
Here we see an example of a Drilldown report appearing in a popup when clicking a chart in a StoryTeller report.
The Drilldown report is nearly identical with the StoryTeller report meaning that the Drilldown report supports the following examples:
- Charts, tables respondent tables, dynamic icons, word clouds
- PPT, PDF and Excel exports
- The Drilldown view can consist of one or many slides
- You can setup links between slides in a Drilldown report to create custom navigation. A Drilldown report can link to another Drilldown report (which becomes opened in a new popup view).
Below you see what is not supported in Drilldown report compared to StoryTeller report:
- Optional filters, Hierarchical filters and Variable subsets cannot be added to a Drilldown report. This is because the data in the Drilldown report is always filtered by the respondents in the data point the user clicked. A chart/table in a Drilldown report can, though, have object level filtering applied.
- Optional chart settings are not available in a Drilldown report
- A slide in a Drilldown report cannot be saved into My Stories
- An object in a Drilldown report cannot link to a regular StoryTeller report or any other reports, though you can link to another Drilldown report, to drill deeper into the data.
Note the following logic applied to data points showing Benchmark calculation result;
- If clicking a data point showing the original result + a benchmark result only the respondents behind the original result are set as the filter in the Drilldown report
- If clicking a data point showing the benchmark result the respondents behind both the originally compared data points are applied as filters in the Drilldown report
Note the following logic applied to data points showing Mean value series or Aggregated series result;
- If clicking a data point showing a Mean value series or an Aggregated series the respondents behind all the ingoing series are used as filter in the Drilldown report