This document is a user manual for Survey Monkey Data Integration. It contains all relevant information for this integration that has been added into the Dapresy system.
The purpose of this document is to provide an overview of Survey Monkey Data Integration and how to use it in the Dapresy system.
This API allows you to export survey data from Survey Monkey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/ ) directly into Dapresy to be used as a data source.
In order to use this Survey Monkey Data Integration, you will need to have an account on Survey Monkey with the API feature enabled. This will allow you to get an API Key and Access Token. These are mandatory for integration into Dapresy.
How to get API key from Survey Monkey
Follow these easy steps to get an API key for the Survey Monkey API:
- Log into Survey Monkey developers portal https://developer.surveymonkey.net/ with your Survey Monkey credentials
- Go to My Apps menu item
- Click on the Add New App button
- Enter your app name and click Create App
- An application screen will open. Choose Settings on the top left menu
- The Settings page will open and all of your app settings will appear on that page
Access Token will be shown in Credentials section of the page. This value is important and it is used when setting up integration in Dapresy.
Using the System
The data integration process works as follows:
To setup a Qualtrics data source adapter, you must complete the following 5 tasks:
Task 1: Access Data Integration UI
To access Data Integration UI in Dapresy, please follow these 4 steps:
- Log into Dapresy
- Enter the Data tab from the main menu
- Click on the arrow under Import Data, then select Schedule imports from the dropdown menu
Then the Data Integration UI will open
Task 2: Create Data Adapter Instance
Your first Data Adapter is automatically created when you access Import Scheduler UI for the first time. This screen contains all of the setup controls for the new data adapter instance. Some of these parameters are mandatory, and some are optional.
When you access this screen for the first time, you need to enter the Schedule name and check the Active checkbox.
After the first Data Adapter has been created, then you can create another Data Adapter for the same project with different configurations. To create a new Data Adapter, just click the ‘Create new’ button on Import scheduler UI.
The import schedule configuration form will be cleared for new parameters and configurations. Also, if you need to delete a Data Adapter, simply select the Data Adapter you would like to delete from the Selected import schedule dropdown list and then click the ‘Delete selected’ button.
Task 3: Set Data Import Scheduler
You can schedule every Import Scheduler job to be triggered just once or to be repeated based on one of the following schedules:
You can select the schedule type from the ‘Import type’ dropdown menu on the Import scheduler UI.
When the ‘Run import on save’ checkbox is selected, then the import job will be triggered immediately after the Save button has been clicked. Scheduled jobs will also be saved for the time that you select.
Task 4: Choose Data Source
To select a Data Source for your Data Adapter, use the Data source dropdown menu.
By default, the data source is set to the FTP Server. This should be changed to Survey Monkey. When Survey Monkey is selected as the data source, the configuration form will be loaded on UI.
Task 5: Set up Data Source
To set up the Survey Monkey data source, two mandatory parameters are needed: API key and Access Token. To learn how to create these, see Pre-Requirements on Page 5 of this manual.
To set up the Survey Monkey data source, simply follow these 7 steps:
- Enter your Access Token for Survey Monkey API
- Click on the Load survey list button
- The survey list will be populated with all surveys from Survey Monkey that are linked to the provided API token
- Select the desired survey. This will fill in the Survey Id field
- Choose the time period for the selected survey's data. Select this from the Time period dropdown. If nothing is selected, then the system will load data from all respondents. If a specific date range is needed, then select the ‘Static’ option from time period dropdown.
- The Start and End date controls will appear. Simply check the Start and End date check boxes and choose the specific dates from the calendars
After completing these steps, Survey Monkey Data Adapter will be configured and ready to use. The last step is to click ‘Save’ at the end of the Import scheduler UI.
Supported Survey Controls for Survey Monkey
Below is the full list of survey controls currently supported by Survey Monkey.
- Multiple Choice
- Star rating
- Matrix / Rating scale
- Matrix of Dropdown Menus
- Net Promoter Score
- Single Textbox
- Multiple Textboxes
- Comment Box
- Date / Time
- Text A/B
- Image A/B