If you don't have RESPONSEID as a question in your file, you will see a warning in your meta data transformation saying "No variable has been marked as respondent id". See image below:
In case you choose select an existing, please note that you will need to have a numeric question with unique answers and that the maximum number of digits in the answer can be 14.
Save your meta data transformation on the top right and select this during your data import.
What else can you do during the meta data transformation?
- Creating or selecting ResponseDate
- Creating or selecting Weight
- Change question types before uploading
- Define multiple choice questions
- Inactivate variables that you won't need.
All done? Continue!