In the Question page you administrate your questions but also the relevant answer blocks, question blocks, as well as computed and merged variables, grouped answers etc.
Here we see the Question page.
The new Questions page is located in the navigation as per the below image. The “old” pages, used for managing variables, can still be used as these will stay in the system during a transition period. A change, of for example the question text, in the new page will be reflected in the old page and vice versa, so it does not matter in which page changes are applied. Though, we strongly advise you to start using the new combined question page to familiarize yourself as the older pages will be removed in a future release.
Here we see where in the navigation you find the new questions page, you will find it both in the Start tab and the Questions and Answers page. The old page “Questions” is now named “Questions (Legacy)”.
In the image below you see the Questions grid which is the main view of the new Questions page, below the image you can read more about the settings and features.
Here we see the Question grid.
Above the Question grid, in the top right corner, you can open the Column panel used to select which columns to be displayed in the grid. The order of the columns can also be rearranged by drag and drop in the column panel.
Here we see the column panel in top right corner
The following columns can be displayed in the Question grid:
- Order: displays the question sort order. The order can be updated by editing the sort order value, by drag and drop or by selecting the questions and using the right mouse button.
- Code: displays the question code, the code is not editable as it is used by the system to identify the question.
- Text: displays the question text
- #Characters: displays number of characters in the question text
- Type: displays the question type. The question type can be changed if the selected question is a categorical single choice question as you change between scale and non-scale
- Color: displays the question color
- Answer block: displays the name of the connected answer block, by clicking the name the Answer block appears in a popup window
- #Answers: displays number of answers in the Answer block, by clicking the value the Answer block appears in a popup window
- Filter: used to set a question as a Filter
- Filter text: displays the filter text
- Filter order: displays the filter sort order
- Question blocks: displays which question block the Question is included in, the column is not editable
- Source: displays the source of the question, either the question is imported or created in the project as a computed variable, a merged variable or an index.
- Original source: displays the name of the data file where the question was included the first time
- Stacked/Normal: shows the origin of each variable: from the Stacked file or from the Normal file (this column is only present in projects which contain stacked data.)
- Active: used to deactivate questions
- ID: displays the id of the question in the database, the id is not editable.
- Usage report: shows you where the question is being used
- Base size suppressions: will hide results if base size is too low
- Base size warnings: will show a warning if the base size is too low
To edit any of the settings above you either change the settings directly in the grid or you use the top toolbar or the context menu (appearing on right click in the grid), see image below. By using the toolbar or the context menu you can apply bulk updates as these actions are applied to all selected questions, as an example you can select multiple questions and set all these to Filter questions with a single click.
Here we see the toolbar and the context menu.
The older pages for creating and maintaining Computes, Inputs, Merged and Index variables are now removed from the main administration menu as full support now is available on the new Questions page.
Where to find the old pages in the sub-menu, these old pages will be retired eventually: