In the Apply analysis panel you can select if the calculations shall be based on weighted or unweighted data, apply significance testing calculations, apply benchmark calculations and add Mean series to the chart.
In the Add Mean value series panel you can add a series that displays the mean value of the result in the chart.
Here we see a basic example of an added Mean value series (the bar in the bottom of the chart). In this example the mean value series displays the mean result of all the brands in the chart.
In cases where the mean value series is based on series with different base sizes you can select if the base sizes should be considered or not when calculating the mean value result, see an example of this below.
Example: Both the charts below displays the same three attributes, as shown the base size is different for each attribute. The Mean value series in the left chart is not considering the base size which means that the Mean value series is a straight mean of the three attributes.
The Mean value series in the right chart is considering the base sizes of the ingoing attributes so the attribute with most respondents effects the Mean value series result the most and the attribute with fewest respondents effects the Mean value series result the least.
In the examples above the Mean value series has been added to the axis but it can also be added the legend. If the chart contains items which makes it possible to add a mean value series to both the legend and the axis you must select where the mean value series should be positioned (in legend or in axis), see examples of this scenario below.
Here we see a chart with multiple items in both the axis and in the legend, in the chart to the left the mean value series has been added to the axis so it displays the mean of all attributes for Man and Woman.
In the chart to the right the mean value series has been added to the legend so it displays the mean of Man and Woman for each attribute.
When adding a mean value series, you can also select if the original values shall be hidden or not, see example of that below.
Example, in the left chart the mean value series is displayed together with the original series and in the right chart the mean value series is displayed only.
The Mean value series panel looks like the image below, see setup instructions further down.
Here we see the Mean value series panel.
To add a mean value series to your chart:
- Use the thumbnails to select if the mean value series should be added to the Axis or Legend (note; the Legend option is not shown if multiple items are not displayed in the legend as in this case it make no sense to add a mean series to the legend, the same goes for the Axis)
- Select if the base sizes should be considered or not
- Select of if the original series will be hidden or not
- Select the position of the mean value series, it can be displayed as the first or the last series
- Enter the label of the mean value series, the label is “Mean” by default
- If the mean value series has been added to the legend you have to select the color of the mean value series.