Administrator (not report users) can bulk upload, bulk delete and bulk edit files in a Document Archive. When bulk uploading files, all the files that will be uploaded are placed in a zipped folder with an Excel file.
Step by step upload and edit
- Press “Bulk Uploads & Edits” button in Document archive report.
- Download an empty template file by clicking the highlighted option “Download empty template.”
- Open the downloaded file and edit the column Original File Name: Enter the file name including the file extension
- Column: New file name - If you would like to display a different file name than the original name, then you can enter the new name in this column. If you do not need a new file name, then leave this column blank
- Column: File description - Enter the file description – this is optional.
- Column: Hierarchical filter (only available if hierarchical filters are used) - Enter the code or name of the of the hierarchical filter node to connect the file to.
- Column: Connect to - Select if the file should only be connected to the selected node or to the child nodes as well.
- Column: Folder path - Select the folder in which folder the file will be stored (the cells in the Folder Path column have a drop-down list that shows the folder structure).
Bulk Delete the files in Document Archive
In the bulk delete process, all the files within in the Document archive can be deleted via an Excel download/upload process.
When bulk uploading files, all the files that will be uploaded are placed in a zipped folder with an Excel file. The Excel file contains the following information.
Step by step delete
- Open the Bulk Operations window and select the ”Delete” option.
- Download the Excel file that contains data on all existing files. All the files that will be deleted must be kept in the Excel file. Any files that you do not want to delete must be removed from the Excel file.
- Browser for the edited Excel file.
- Upload the Excel file. All files in the Excel file will be deleted.