An option for adding mean value series to a chart based on the shown result is present under the analysis menu. The feature can be used in a lot of different areas and project types and below are two examples.
Example 1: A brand tracker project. The chart shows an “In Mind” question and a Mean value series has been added to show the mean value of all the brands. The column ”Average In Mind value” in the chart below has been created by using the Mean value series option.
Example 2: A customer satisfaction project. The chart shows the result of a question, one column shows the result of the selected country and the other column shows a Mean value series based on the “Top 5 countries” in the company. The column “Mean value of Top 5 countries” has been created by using the new Mean value series option.
The Mean value series can be shown together with the original series or on its own. The Mean value series can consider the base sizes in the original series or only be based on the calculated values.
The Mean value series can be added to all chart types in the StoryTeller except for the Scatter and Bubble.
The setup of the Mean value series is made in the Chart setup window in the Analysis tab. The following options are defined during the setup:
- Should the Mean value series be added to the legend or the axis
- Should the calculation of the Mean value series consider the base size of the ongoing series or not
- Should the original series be shown or not
- Should the Mean value series be added as first or last series in the chart
- What should the label of the Mean value series be
- What should the color of the series be (this option is only present when the Mean value series is shown in the legend)
The image below shows the setup interface.
The value of the Mean value series is the mean value of the series shown in the chart. The base size of the original series is only considered if the option ”Consider base size in calculation” has been enabled.
Note: Series having been hidden due to low base sizes etc are not included in the calculation, it is only the series shown in the chart that are included in the calculation of the Mean Value series.