When creating an Input variable, it is possible to select the following variable type.
- Categorical single choice scale
- Categorical single choice non scale
- Categorical multiple choice
- Open ended
- Date type
When creating a Date variable it is possible to create following expressions:
- Leave expression empty ->No DATE is inserted (it will be inserted in the FORM report by the Report users)
- Inserting a fixed date:
To add a fixed date the desired date is simply entered in the expression. Example: “2011-02-01”
- Copying a DATE from another DATE variable
To copy a date from another date variable the desired Date variable is selected in the variable list, when clicking “Add to expression” the selected variable is added to the expression box. Example: 1100000000001-Response Date
- Computing a new DATE based on another DATE variable
To compute a new date based on an existing date variable the desired Date variable is selected in the variable list and added to the expression box. The number of days to add is also entered in the expression box. Example: ♮1100000000001-Response Date♮ + 4. By using this logic, the date in the new variable becomes 4 days bigger than the date in the Response date variable. The image shows the “Define Answers” and “Define Calculation” tabs.