An object panel makes the setup work more efficiently, especially when it comes to slides that have many objects. The image below shows the new object panel.
The following features are supported in the object panel:
- Lock objects – a locked object cannot be moved or edited
- Hide objects – perfect to use when two or more objects are placed on top of each other
- Change Z position through drag and drop
- Search for objects based on the object ID
- Select one or more objects
To show the object panel, just click the “Number of objects” area that is highlighted in the image below. The object panel can be moved easily by dragging and dropping. This enables any position on the slide to have all of the objects visible when needed. The object panel closes automatically once you click outside of the panel.
To find an object you are looking for you can use any of the three methods below:
- Select the desired object on the slide, and then open the object panel. The selected object on the slide is the default option in the object panel.
- Open the object panel and hover your mouse over the objects. The connected objects are highlighted on the slide, which makes it easy to see which object you are hovering over.
- Use the search field on top of the object panel if you know the object ID.
A single click in the object panel will open the context menu (see the image below). A double click opens the Edit window of the selected object.
To lock an object, click the ‘Lock’ icon as shown in the image below. A locked object cannot be moved or edited. To hide an object, click the ‘Hide’ icon as shown in the image below. A hidden object is not shown, which allows you to view and work with objects positioned behind it. The image below shows the Hide and Lock options.
Two other options for locking the position and/or size on a report level are present in the Object panel, as show in the image below. The options are great to use when maintaining slides with many objects.
- By locking the position, the objects can’t be moved around, but the size of the objects can still be changed.
- By locking the size, the size cannot be changed, but the objects can still be moved around.
The Hide/Lock settings can be adjusted in the Object panel, but the settings also appear in the context menu, as shown in the image below. This increases the efficiency when maintaining slides with many objects because it is much faster to hide or lock an object. The image below shows the new Hide/Lock options in the context menu.
The state of an object (hidden/locked) is not saved. As soon as you enter the preview mode, changing report, etc. the object will revert back to its former mode.
To change Z position of an object (send forward/send backward), simply drag and drop it. The object in the most front is shown at the top of the object list, and the object in the most back is shown at the bottom of the list. Drag and drop them to update their order. The image below shows how you can drag and drop in order to change Z position of an object.