When you load your metadata in Dapresy Pro, the software identifies all unique response-lists used and stores these automatically as Answer Blocks. The Answer Blocks tab allows you to edit your Answer Blocks and thereby changing the reporting for multiple Questions at the same time.
An answer block is a list of answer alternatives which is used by all questions that use the same answer list. The purpose of having an answer block used by several question instead of having one answer block per question is to save time in the setup process. You probably want to have the same color for Brand X in all questions and by using shared answer blocks the brand color can be changed in one place. Another example is defining Top and Bottom-box values: you can set those up once and they can be used for all questions that share that Answer Block.
The answer blocks are created during the Meta data import to Dapresy Pro, a block can then be updated, questions get new answer blocks etc during additional meta data imports or when the meta data is overwritten during the data imports.
The Answer blocks are edited via a pop-up window from the new Question page, to open the Answer block click the name of the Answer block in the Question grid.
Here we see where to click to open the Answer block view.
Here we see the Answer block view.
The Answer block popup now a “Column selection” control with same logic as in the Question grid so you can select which columns are displayed in the grid, which makes it easier to focus on relevant settings.
Here we see the new column selection control in the Answer block popup page.
The following columns are available in the Answer block grid:
- Order: Displays the answer sort order. The order can be updated by inserting the desired sort order or by drag and drop
- Answer Text: Displays the answer text
- Id: Displays the answer id. The id is not editable
- Color: Displays the answer color
- Exclude average: Used to exclude answers from the average calculations such as a Don’t know answer. Note; the column is only displayed if any of the questions connected to the current Answer block is a scale question.
- Factor average: The factor average of the answer. Note; the column is only displayed if any of the questions connected to the current Answer block is a scale question.
- Type: Displays the type (positive, neutral or negative).
- Source: Displays the source of the answer, either it is an imported or grouped answer
- Active: Used to deactivate the answer. Note; the active/inactive setting is applied to selected question only and not to all questions sharing the current Answer block.
- Value sorting: Used to anchor an answer option at the top or on the bottom. An anchored answer option is excluded from value sorting.
- Exclude from rank: Used to exclude specific answers from rank calculations.
To edit any of the settings above you either change the settings directly in the grid or you use the top toolbar or the context menu (appearing on right click in the grid), see image below. By using the toolbar or the context menu you can apply bulk updates as these actions are applied to all selected answers.
Here we see the toolbar and the context menu.