The following logic is used when working in the report setup of a StoryTeller and Form in a project with multiple languages.
- Create New Object: The text is saved into all languages. When you create a new object (textbox, chart, sub-report etc.), the entered text/label will be saved into all languages rather than only the selected language. All languages must have a label.
- Edit an Existing Object: The text is saved into the selected language. The labels/texts you edit will always be saved into the selected language.
Example: A project contains English and Swedish. If English is selected, then all the edited labels will be saved into the English version. If you then change the language to Swedish, then all edited labels will be saved into the Swedish version.
- Edit an Existing Object where the text is identical: when the main language and additional language uses identical texts. When the text of the main language and the text of an additional language are identical, then both texts will be updated if the Administrator updates the text in the main language.
Example: A project contains the languages English and Swedish. English is the main language.
- English is the selected language - A new text box is added, and the text “Brand awareness” is entered. The text is saved into both English and Swedish automatically as it is a new object
- The Administrator enters the text box again to update the text to ”Brand awareness – Top of mind” (English is still the selected language)
- As the Swedish version of the text was identical with the text in the main language (English), then the Swedish version is updated too. The label is now “Brand awareness – Top of mind” in both languages.
- The Administrator changes the language to Swedish - The Administrator enters the text box again and updates the label to the real Swedish version “Varumärkeskännedom top of mind.” Only the Swedish version will be updated since Swedish is not the main language.
The Administrator changes the main language to English to update the text again, now the English version will only be updated, not the Swedish version as the texts are not identical.