To access and start setting up the scheduler for data imports go to Data tab and from the Import data sub tab hover over an arrow where two new selections will appear. Select the Schedule imports to start with set up process.
Prior to starting the setup process it’s important to stress that the Scheduler will search for a file in an FTP site, so you need to have the data file on the FTP; either placed automatically by your data collection tool or you just need to export the .sav file to a FTP site to be able to start using the automated data uploads. Dapresy supports number of Data sources which can be found in a Data source dropdown menu.
The Scheduled import process is preset with mandatory information such as source of the file, time for import and actions to be taken by the system. You may set up more scheduled import activities and save them as active. Avoid time overlap and make sure the details imported are corrected. The “Show logs” button placed at the end of the page, contains the description of all actions performed by scheduled import.
Step by step
- Hover over the arrow at the bottom of Import data icon to access Scheduled import setup.
- Assign a name for the Scheduled import. Check Active, to enable it after completing the setup.
- Select the import tag from the dropdown menu or Press Edit tags to create new import tag.
- Select the type, date, and time of import: Single import, Weekly, Monthly, or Hourly import. Once you use the timer, it will try to squeeze in as many uploads as possible. If you set the timer to every 6 hours from 00:00-23:00 it will do 4 uploads (at 0.00/6.00/12.00/18.00). Please notice it behaves a bit different first day. In case you start at 16:00. Then you will have one upload 16:00 and one 22:00 but from midnight it would start using the schedule you mentioned before.
- Select the Data mapping from the dropdown menu.
- Select the data source from the dropdown. Notice the various data sources available.
- Write the path of the file on the FTP server (include folder names in the path if the file is placed inside any folder in the FTP server). Write username and password for the FTP.
- Define the name of the SPSS file that system will be looking for. Use * as wildcard. For example if the SPSS file is named like [project name]_[time stamp].sav just enter the project name followed by the (“[project name]”) and the file will be imported every day, if the data collection tool exports a .sav file to the FTP with the same naming logic.
- Select the Multichoice separator.
- Enter a contact email address the status emails will be sent to. Define which events should trigger an email send out to the defined email address.
- Click Save.
Note: The Secure FTP check-box needs to be unchecked if your FTP server does not support encrypted (SSL) FTP transfers. When an automated data import is performed the project will be undistributed automatically during the data load. All the reports that were Distributed when the import job started will be distributed when the job is completed.