To convert Open Numeric variables into Multi choice during the import and using the metadata transformation, you should follow the following steps:
1. At the import data page, tick the box ‘Code open ended variable to categorical’ and click the New Transformation.
2. Inside the MDT (meta data transformation) page, select the variables you want to change into Multi choice.
3. Right-click and select Apply Multiple choice variable grouping to all variables.
4. Inside the new window select Multi choice question separator.
5. Select if you want to Use numeric suffix in question code as Answer ID.
6. Save your mapping and proceed with the import process and you will have this new Multi choice variable imported to your project.