In case you need to change the Question code or Question text, use the built-in function which you can find in metadata transformation menu. A short label could be the deciding factor if an online report is successful or not.
- When metadata transformation opened place the cursor on the variable, then right-click.
- Press Search and replicate Question code to edit the code for selected variable.
- In a new window write the text you want to change and write the new text in Replace with box.
- Select if you want the Case sensitive replacement and if you want to use Regular expressions.
- Press Replace to complete and save these settings.
The same process is applied to change Question text (label). The variable name cannot exceed 50 characters. You can use replace Question text function to easily amend unnecessary long variable labels.