This option will visually group all multiple-choice questions into one individual multiple-choice question with answers, rather than one row per answer. The format of multiple-choice questions is dichotomous, and is shown as one row for each answer. If more than a handful of multiple-choice questions exist, or if they contain a very large number of answers, the size of your metadata transformation template becomes hard to handle. The grouping will decrease the size of the template significantly and speed up your work.
- When metadata transformation opened place the cursor on the variable, then right-click.
- Press Apply multiple choice variable grouping to all variables.
- In a new window, insert your unique multiple-choice delimiter, and press OK.
- The option to Use numeric suffix as Answer ID is enabled by checking the box in same window.
- Press Apply to complete and save these settings.