The Meta Data Transformation Tool can convert a String variable to a Date variable. To transform a String variable when metadata transformation opened place the cursor on the variable, then right-click. Click on "Create Response Date" variable:
- Go to Select existing variable tab and select a variable.
- Click Use custom date format.
- Define the used pattern in the imported file.
- Test the pattern and make sure the correct dates have been extracted from the imported file.
- Press the Create button to complete the process.
Month is using capital “M” and Minute a lower “m”. If the variable contains both Date and Time the full format must be defined. The “See full list” link contains all the available pattern date format abbreviations.
As another example: if you have a date setup like 17/4/2020, you will need to convert this with dd/M/yyyy