When using the built-in functions for a time series, the ResponseDate is used as a base in the calculations. The data import expects the mandatory variable to identify what date the respondent belongs to. If the variable is called “ResponseDate ” the system will automatically detect the variable and will attach a small ResponseDate icon next to it. If the data file does not contain a date variable, or if another name is used, you can do one of two things: Create a date variable, or identify which variable contains information about the date by using the “Create respondent date variable” option.
- When metadata transformation is opened, place the cursor on the variable, then right-click.
- Press “Create Response Date variable" and new dialog box appears.
- In the Date section you can select a specific date from the calendar to use as response date.
- To create new Response Date variable press Create button in the new dialog window.
- To use Import date as response date check the box next to “Use import date”.
- To select an existing variable for Response Date press Select existing.
- In a new dialog box select the variable from the list and press select.
All respondents existing in the imported file will be coded with the selected date. If more files are imported, additional metadata transformations can be created with different dates. Only marked variables will be affected.