What is data recoding?
In case you already imported data file and you realised there is a last moment change that you need to do, but you don’t want to edit the data file in some external software, or your import runs automatically and you don’t have direct access to your data, then you can use Data cleaning or Data recoding functions within Dapresy.
How to recode your data?
The data recoding function can be found on the data tab, the name of icon is Data cleaning/Recoding. With this function, you can recode categorical, numerical, and Open-ended (String) variables. You can recode into the same variable but not into another variable or into a non-existing answer alternative.
To create a recoding rule, follow these steps:
- Select the variable by checking the box next to variable code.
- Click the Recode option for the desired variable.
- The new window will open. Select one or more values (Old values).
- Then make the New value selection from the drop-down menu.
- Add the value using the Add button.The variable is recoded (New value).
- Recoding rule successfully added message will appear at the top of the screen.
Note: it is not possible to recode the question type "Date".